Corrosion control for buried or submerged metals requires a combination of high-quality coatings and cathodic protection. Coatings systems should always be carefully designed, applied and inspected, but they do not defeat corrosion on their own.
Cathodic Protection (CP) Systems
- Design, installation, and testing.
- Designs and specifications for CP systems, based on site-specific testing data.
- Installation of impressed-current CP systems.
- Installation of galvanic anode CP systems.
- AC-induced corrosion studies and mitigation plans.
- Current demand studies.
- Identification of corrosion mechanisms.
- Ground/neutral system interconnection diagnoses.
Corrosion Surveys for Existing Infrastructure
Pipeline System Review:
- Pigging procedures/training
Operation and Maintenance (O&M):
- Pigging schedule
- Pig type recommendations
- Pigging debris evaluation
Smart Pig Project Management:
- Review of pipeline as-builts for smart pig passage.
- Above Ground Marker (AGM) location GPS survey.
- Cleaning and Smart Pig tracking.
- AGM marker placement during Smart Pig runs.
- In-field location and investigation of potential anomalies.
Coatings and CP Specification
Coating Programs - Underground/Atmospheric:
- Program/procedure review & development
- Coating product review
- Product application training
- Coating inspection